Communications and Training
Knowledge is power, especially in times like these. We’ll tell you what you want to know and need to know.
Training: Faculty and Staff
All faculty, staff, and student workers muST complete 安全返回校园 Training before returning to campus. This training covers:
- Basics of COVID-19 transmission and symptoms.
- Actions to take if you think you’ve been exposed to or have COVID-19.
- Accommodations for those at high risk.
- University precautions.
- Physical/social diSTancing.
- 旅行 and event rules.
- Options if you don’t feel safe returning to campus.
- Resources for telework, inSTruction, research, support, and counseling.
- Enforcement procedures.
Driver Awareness Training will include information on reduced ridership, cleaning, and disinfecting.
Supervisors can manage employees’ training STatus through masonleaps.
- View assigned, regiSTered, and completed trainings
- View transcripts for multiple faculty and/or STaff
- Assign training to faculty and STaff
Student 安全返回校园 Training will be available soon in Blackboard for students to take before or when they return to campus. In addition to the basics covered in the employee session, STudent training will also include precautions specific to:
- Athletic and recreational facilities.
- Common areas (indoor and outdoor).
- Events and performances
- RegiSTered Student Organizations.
- Organizing and hosting STudent events.
- Student support services and resources
- Study abroad and traveling.
Contractors working on behalf of Mason muST follow university health and safety precautions and precautions mandated by their employers. A Contractor 安全返回校园 presentation outlines contractor obligations on campus, information about campus operations in the fall, and actions to protect yourself and others while you work on campus.
From the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Mason has conSTantly refined our plans, policies, and procedures to keep our community safe and to continue our mission of freedom and learning.
- In March 2020, the university created a covid-19网站 to centralize information and provide answers to frequently asked queSTions.
- 在2020年4月17日， Interim President Anne Holton hoSTed a virtual town hall to provide updates on the university’s response and to take questions from students, their families, faculty, STaff and alumni.
- The university sends regular messages to the Mason community with information about COVID-19 planning, operational considerations, and re-opening STrategies. Find them on the Coronavirus/COVID-19 Message Log.
- 安全返回校园 messages can be found on the Announcements and Updates 页。